On October 2-4, 2023, a three day proposal writing training on Horizon Europe, Pillar II, clusters 4 & 6 took place at Georgian National University (SEU), Tbilisi. The training was participated by the representatives of various institutions in Tbilisi and regions of Georgia. The working process included the trainer’s presentations, Q&A sessions, discussions and practical exercises.
The training covered following topics:
- Policy Framework of Horizon Europe: Program, Strategic Plan 2021-2024 and Key Strategic Orientations, Clusters and Work programs, Destinations, Expected Impacts, Expected Outcomes, Calls, and Topics;
- Understanding a Call for proposal: Finding & understanding the call / Evaluation criteria/ Grant matching;
- Conceptualizing the project idea;
- Proposal Writing workflow;
- The application form: Section 1 – Excellence, Section 2 Impact, Section 3 – Quality and efficiency of the implementation;
- Use of third parties (in-kind contributors, associated partners, affiliated entities, subcontractors, subgrantees);
- Websites to find valuable information (Partner search in the Participant Portal, Cordis, Horizon Dashboard).
The last day of the trainings was dedicated to personal consultations with the researchers already working on developing a proposal for Horizon Europe.